CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Plants, Seeds and Wiggly Worms!

All last week we took the Stanford Achievement Test.  In the afternoon, we needed a brain break so we had a ton of fun learning about plants.
Monday

We learned about the parts of the plant
and the job(s) each part played in the
growth of the plant.  We made our
brace map then we learned
Dr. Jean's Parts of a Plant song!





Tuesday
Using our handprints, we created sunflowers that were the same size as us and labeled the parts.  We hung them on the walls of the cafeteria ramp.
 Wednesday
On to the wiggly worms...first a schema chart before reading Wonderful Worms...





Then a fun gummy worm addition and subtraction game!
















Thursday
My favorite activity all year...our "wormology" lesson.  I gave each student a Canadian Nightcrawler to make and record observations about!


Friday
We planted grass seed to make a Mr. or Mrs. Grass Head.  Students journaled about their growth each day as part of their morning work.






Our Grass Heads a week later!



3 comments:

EnRiching Kinders

I love the Grass Heads! Where did you get the cute face parts and feet?

Valerie
enrichingkinders.blogspot.com

Ms. D

Valerie,
I have a new blog now...The Eagle's Nest. Go to my last post to click! I just blogged about what we did this year with my plant study. The faces were from theteacherwife but when I went to link it up, it was no longer available! :(
I'm heading over to check our your blog and become your newest follower!
Erica

Unknown

the cute face parts can be found on pinterest under Mr. Potato Head pieces for plant cups

Post a Comment