CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 25, 2011

Back to School ponderings...

I can't believe it's my last week of real summer vacation!  Even though I never really stopped working on things for school, my brain has been in overdrive since yesterday. 

I am all kinds of excited about some of the new things I want to try this year, but none more than revamping my math curriculum to meet the new Common Core.  Our K team started dabbling in Math Tubs last year and after reading all the awesome posts about Math Work Stations, that is my main focus.  But...I have some questions and I hope my fellow bloggers and teachers can help!  I would like to set up my Math Tubs so they are similar to my Lit Work Stations--the stations are based on a standard and the activities in it change.  So far I have come up with Geometry, Number Sense (Counting), Patterns (to start, my K's still need practice even though patterning isn't a standard), and Number Formation.  I will also add Measurement and Place Value later on.  I need one more to start the year.  Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Lauren Morse

I think I would add another number sense one. They need all the practice they can get. There are so many activities that fall under "number sense." You could have them put numbers in order (by 1's, 5's, 10's, forwards or backwards), match numbers to sets, practice with one more, one less later in the year, etc. Don't make the tub too specific. Just call it number sense. Then you have more options of what can go there.
Just Add Clipart

Busy Bees

I am headed in to school tomorrow. I have milk crates labeled, but I can't remember all of my stands. Here are most strands...numeration, patterns, money, computation, measurement and graphing/sorting. I will check tomorrow to see if I forgot anything. These are broad and everything fits into one of these themes.
BusyBees

Post a Comment