CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Lost...and Found!

Another busy week!  I love this time of year and so do my students but there are so many awesome activities we can do and never seem to get them all worked in.  Next year, I will be ready!

We concluded our Gingerbread Man study this week.  On Wednesday, one of my co-teachers made a huge gingerbread cookie and offered to share it with our class.  But at lunchtime, he disappeared!  The students were so concerned, we made lost posters and posted them in the hall in hopes that someone had seen him.


We also discussed why we thought he always runs away.  I loved some of the reasons they came up with!  (I think a little text to self connection was going on :-))




When we came back from our Encore classes, we found our custodian, Mr. Garry, reading a note he found from the Gingerbread Man and the chase was on!  Our reader, Tyler, would read us each clue and then off to find the next one!



The students chased him all through the school and we finally cornered him in the office where Mrs. Renfro snuck up and grabbed him!

0 comments:

Post a Comment